Contributors continue to improve the NASA released PATO software, which is updated twice a year. Stable updated versions are recommended for beginners.
Updated PATO version 2.2.0, June 21, 2018.
Download link : PATO_v2.2.0
Release notes :
- Minor bug fixes (JL, JLL, JM, JMM).
- Streamlined installation guidelines (JL).
- Solvers : improved finite-rate chemistry solver (JL), isothermal option (JL).
- Boundary conditions : improved volume ablation BC (JL), surface (re)radiation included in coupled solid-fluid BC (MR, JL).
- Material data : FiberForm (JL), Cork (AT), Iron (AT), SiC (MR).
- New tutorials : demiseTestCase (JL, AT), coupledDemiseTestCase (MR, JL), carbonFiberOxidation (JL).
Contributions to version 2.2.0 : Jean Lachaud (JL), Jérémie Meurisse (JM), Jack Lawless (JLL), Mohamed Rebhi (MR), Alessandro Turchi (AT), Jeremy Mora-Monteros (JMM).
Updated PATO version 2.1.0, October 3, 2017.
Download link : PATO_v2.1.0
Release notes :
- Streamlined directory structure, including a new material and environment property database (JL).
- Solvers : integration of a compressible (non-reactive) Navier Stokes solver (MD, VL, JL); option to model non porous materials (JL).
- New boundary conditions : three dimensional mapped convective boundary condition interpolated in time and space (JM); fluid zone with temperature, heat flux, pressure and velocity couplings (MD, VL, JL).
- Utilities : Tecplot files reader (JM).
- ThirdParties : update of Mutation++ version (VL, JBS, JL).
- New tutorials : Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA) in 2D-axi including crucible (JL); Three dimensional heat shield (JM); Immersed Cylinder with flow coupling (MD, VL, JL).
- Code verification, improved compilation scripts (VL, JLL, JL)
Contributions to version 2.1.0 : Jean Lachaud (JL), Jérémie Meurisse (JM), Max Döpke (MD), Vincent Leroy (VL), JB Scoggins (JBS), Jack Lawless (JLL).
Last NASA officially released (frozen) version was 2.0.2, July 31, 2017.
Download link : PATO_v2.0.2